Tuesday 10 May 2011

Day 2: Butchers Pencils and Floor Pitta

Its fairly grim that its day 2 of my living below the line and Ive just called this blog day 3, realised I was wrong and felt sad. Its also fairly grim that after cereal for breakfast like yesterday, I went the gym and to my mandarin lesson and realised, 'Hmmm the plan for noddles for dinner doesn't work when your on the go all day and have neither a cooker or a bowl in your bag.'
Ive felt 'scatty' today, for those who don't know scatty is a scouse word for like a proper space cadet, I couldn't concentrate in my class, my teacher thought I wasn't paying attention and sadly after 3 lessons I haven't yet learnt to say 'Sorry miss I'm bloody starving, because Im raising money for a charity who lobby to end poverty.' I also whilst sitting on the bus on the way home thought 'Hang on, this isn't the way to my house'.
So after a 25 minute walk home, I need sugar STAT, the noodles where put firmly back in the cupboard and out came the crunchy nuts! So it was cereal for brekkie and cereal for lunch!
But the benefits of such unimaginative eating meant SCORE 60p Dinner!
Which was,,,why it was fake KFC of course...I say this,,it was cheap chicken nuggets in 2 pitta breads, total meal price 58p....it tasted nothing like KFC,,,,,the chicken nuggets,,,well if your getting 20 in a bag for £1 its not surprising the meat content on the back said 'about as much as whats in a butchers pencil'.
Oh but I tell thee, the grim part, getting my pittas out the toaster and dropping them both on the floor. It could have been the moment that broke me, but I'd lost my dignity hours ago when the window cleaner had watched me slurp every last bit of my milk out my cereal bowl, without a bat of an eyelid, the pittas got ate, I ate floor pitta!

In Your Face Colonel Sanders!
So its nearly 10pm now, Ive had a 3 hrs residents meeting and there is literally nothing I wouldn't go for a big milky sweet coffee, serves me right for having my tea at 4.30 because I was hungry!
So there you go, this was today,,,,a proper moany blog entry.
But I must say today hasn't been all bad living below the line doing it with friends from the Labour Group Malcolm, Luciana, Adam, Liam and Steve has really helped! Trading emails all day including the recipe for Steve Rotherham aka Delia Rotherhams Cheesy beans has pulled us all through I think! Doing it as a team, whether its the urge for me to beat Malcolm 'olive oil' Kennedy or just little tweets to Adam and Luciana supporting each other has been great, If your thinking of doing this Id recommend doing it as a team defiantly! (And much luck to our girl Joanne who starts next week too).
And finally a thank you to all my sponsors who I wont name, but you know who you are! Thank You for your generosity, very kind of you, god bless you all.

If you haven't sponsored me you can do at http://my.livebelowtheline.co.uk/CllrStephTill

This is hard, much harder than I thought, but also feels like one of the most worthy things Ive ever done, its getting lots of attention for Results UK who do amazing work, and Its made me think that after friday I really dont want this to be the end to my work with them!

Thank You for reading, Im off to bed, to dream of baileys ice cream and jaffa cakes.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment