Monday 9 May 2011

Day One AKA Diet Coke Detox

My head right now is banging, I feel crap, tired and grumpy, welcome to day one of living below the line!
I must point out though its not because of food or lack of it, in fact Ive probably ate more today than I would in a normal day, oh no I'm going cold turkey........from diet coke!
As a none tea drinker and I'll only drink coffee if its laced with caramel, topped with cream and costs a small fortune in a poncy coffee shop, I drink diet coke ALL DAY, and when I say all day I mean I probably drink 6 cans a day, and I'm craving it now!

Apart from said headaches, today has been surprisingly good! It started with cereal and OJ and 18p noodles for lunch. But the glory moment surely came with dinner....
2x Spicy Beef Kebabs 50p (£1 for 4, I shall eat the other 2 tomorrow)
And Savory Rice 7p 1/4 of a 21p pack that I'll eat in the week.
A Pitta Bread 4p
Ohhhh and smug wasn't the word,,,it looked alright,,,,decent even,,,,,,,,,,long story short the kebabs where full of gristle, the rice was hard and the pitta bread wasn't enough to fill a small child!


Grim!
 But of course I'm lucky, I have the choice now to leave this food knowing tomorrow is another day and another meal awaits, tonight million men , women and children will go to bed not out of their choice!
Its thinking of this that makes my diet coke headache seem even more stupid and if I'm honest it makes me feel ashamed. This week already feels like its going to become something so much bigger than the £150 I'd like to raise, all of a sudden it feels kind of life changing.

Thank You to all my lovely sponsors, day one I'm 30% of the way to my target! :)
You can join my amazing group of sponsors by visiting http://my.livebelowtheline.co.uk/CllrStephTill

Thank You
*Argagagahgsgagahahah* That was my tummy rumbling thank you too! :)
x

2 comments:

  1. Well done on day one Steph! You're doing ever so well! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Adam, You are my inspiration! :) Thank You for LBL to my attention! x

    ReplyDelete